Equipment and Rentals
STRATA Push/Pull Machine
STRATA Push / Pull Machine Operation
STRATA Energy Services's Push Pull Machine (PPM) is designed as a
Drilling Rig & Work Over Rig, floor mounted, light snubbing unit for
live well applications.
Watch on YouTube
STRATA Push / Pull Machine (PPM) Operational Advantages
- The PPM pipe slips are designed to handle tubular diameters from 2 3/8" (60mm) to a maximum coupling diameter of 7" (178mm), without changing dies.
- Four independently operated slip assemblies are used for both pipe light and pipe heavy conditions.
- An independent hydraulic power system.
- Small footprint – allowing quick installation on any rig.
- Allows use of all conventional pipe handling tools and equipment, including tongs.
- The complete STRATA PPM is rigged in at floor level, with no above floor workbasket.
- The power unit is spotted at ground level, away from the rig floor. The STRATA PPM is operated from a small control console located on the rig floor for better communication.
- Small overall height – increases the net working height in the mast.
- The STRATA PPM does not require any significant increase in pipe stump height (less than 1 ft. or 305mm).
- The STRATA PPM is designed for quick installation and removal.